lunedì 8 febbraio 2010

Climbing white rose

We are experiencing some fair of variable weather conditions so far this year. A large difference in temperature between one day and another could really make the body difficult to adjust and I do hope that my plants are coping well too. I really think that we as human species do have to 'acclimatizie' and adapt to these variations of weather conditions especially when it comes to the extreme situation.
The end of spring last year, I bought a climbing rose (white with simple 5 petals) which is called Rosa Bracteata Mermaid (Bianco Rifiorente). This is a repeated flowering rose. The plant was covered with so many white and huge flowers and seducingly beautiful. I just couldn't resist it as I could actually hear the plant as if it was crying to me and said... "please, take me home!". However, the price was quite steep for my choice of plant and my friend who came with me that day said nicely... look, we came all the way here and for only 20 Euro, just close your eyes and take it home.
Without thinking twice, I had already put the plant in my car and before I left the nursery, I asked the owner whether should I change the pot as I could see that the pot was rather too small as the roots were coming out through all the holes. He said 'absolutely yes'. Without any doubts, the moment I arrived home, I changed the pot to a slightly bigger (3 cm bigger) one and left it to my friend to take care of it as I was leaving for a vacation.
After a long vacation, I went to take back my plant from my friend and due to an extreme summer last year... the plant had suffered quite a lot. Thinking back, I should not have changed the pot because the roots were not able to grow well due to an extreme heat. Last week, finally I have managed to put it in the ground and i hope it will be OK. Come March this year, I will blend some banana skins and put it around the plant so it will encourage the flowering.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento