giovedì 18 febbraio 2010

Snowdrops

It looks that the winter is here to stay and this phenomenon is sweeping through out Europe. We have seen abundance of snow and rain everywhere. However, I think everything has its own cycles. Now it is the 'wet cycle' so my winter bulbs are very happy in this condition especially the snowdrops. These lovely 'bell shaped' flowers are well suited in this condition and I have a few clumps under my hazelnut trees together with the hyacinthes and hellebores. I took these clumps on my Austrian trip a few years ago with my dear friend MM with her family. It was near Klagenfurt when we were about to leave a parking place, I saw clumps of snowdrops everywhere. I could not resist them and packed them up in the plastic bag and they are absolutely happy in my garden now.

3 commenti:

  1. They are just lovely. With your green fingers you make everything grow so beautifully.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Yes the flowers do look lik snow :-D I hope the snow will go away soon for you to grow beautiful flowers/plants like this one. Meanwhile, keep warm yeah. Love to see your garden in spring soon...

    RispondiElimina
  3. wiz and steph, these lovely white snowdrops are really the 'star' in this wet winter.

    RispondiElimina