mercoledì 3 marzo 2010

The art of making handmade fresh pasta

A few days ago, someone has given me two duck eggs and I was very pleased with that gift. As I also had bought two kilos of artisan flour (non commercial one), I think it was appropriate that I make the best of that two items that I had in my hands. So, my daughter and I have decided to learn how to make fresh pasta from scratch. So, off we went to the house of Nonna Eva (she is 88 year old strong Italian lady) to learn the basic tagliatelle. The fresh pasta that we made was nothing equivalent to the store bought one. Immediately when we arrived home, I prepared the simple tomato sauce and we had one of our best dinners last evening. The procedure of making fresh pasta is very simple (we took around an hour to make more than a kilo of pasta) and I think, I am going to learn to make ravioli stuffed with spinach or pumpkin the next time around.





4 commenti:

  1. That is just wonderful hs, to be able to make your own pasta! What's more wonderful is to learn it from an authentic source. I so envy you right now. I would love to learn from that old lady all the dishes she could teach me right in her kitchen. Language might be a barrier but body language isn't kan.

    That's it, I am buying tickets to go visit you, so you can show me around. I sleep in a shed behind your house, don't worry.

    RispondiElimina
  2. ha,ha.... wiz do not worry abt sleeping over here and you can stay over as long as you can. i'll take you around here and in the whole italy as well. if you like flowers, i will take you to 'road of flowers'.... i will take you to the museums.... watch the sunset by the lake...the list is endless you will love them all.

    RispondiElimina
  3. OMG OMG OMG, I will tell the whole kampung that we are all invited to stay over. heeeeeeeeeeee
    just kidding.

    That is so sweet of you. The thoughts jer pun have made me jumping up and down already. Rome has always been a fascination of mine. Would be wonderful to go and pay you a visit and also the makcik yang buat pasta tu.

    How long will you be there? Indefinitely? Then I have more time to kumpul duit.

    RispondiElimina
  4. dear wiz, being married to an Italian looks like i will be here insyaallah. take your time and kumpul rezeki... insyaallah, you will be here by no time.

    RispondiElimina