martedì 23 marzo 2010

Abundance


Spring is also about abundance. Abundance in colors, forms and shapes. When we look around us, the signs are everywhere. No heart could resist them. Early yesterday morning, I took a walk around my area and when I came back, my basket was fulled with edible wild plants like dandelion, poppy, wild chard and my favourite wild chickory. These spring wild plants are so good for cleansing our body. I just blanched and simply cooked them with some splash of olive oil, garlic and a bit of pepperoncino.

3 commenti:

  1. This is interesting. Now I know more of edible plants. I just posted edible flowers in my blog. Enjoy spring :-D

    RispondiElimina
  2. dear steph, there are many varieties of wild edible plants in my garden but i leave the wild asparagus still in the woods.

    RispondiElimina
  3. hs, thanks for offering the seeds! I appreciate it very much. But I hope nasturtium won't 'melt' here. Well, I can still try. Please let me know when you are back. We can definitely meet up at the orchid garden in KL. Otherwise the Secret Garden at One Utama shopping centre(PJ) would be good also if you haven't been there. It opens during weekends only. Till then, happy kitchen gardening ok. Btw, you can also write me at my email address, mygreenfinder at hotmail dot com

    RispondiElimina