lunedì 12 aprile 2010



I love small bulbs. This one is from the family of fritillaria. They are very small and yet beautiful with 2 shades of colors. They multiply easily and make lovely clumps too. The first picture is also from the same family and I think it is called 'fritillaria mealagris'. It looks like a checker board. They are quite small as compared to the bigger sister which is called 'fritillaria imperialis'. These small bulbs seldom make a focal point in my garden as they love partly shade area and not many people know about these bulbs so I can really admire them fully.This year, strange enough there is one 'fritillaria mealagris' albino. As the name suggests, the flower is all white.

4 commenti:

  1. This flower looks so shy (but still attractive!). Maybe that's why they are seldom seen he he... Nonetheless, I am sure the clumps of these small bulbs soften the overall look of your garden ;-) You have bright tulips as focal point?

    RispondiElimina
  2. dear steph; the focal point in my garden changes with the season.It could vary according and the focal point changes totally at the peak of winter.

    RispondiElimina
  3. I am turning to all your flowers when I run out of flower ideas on my cakes. But mine would not be as enchanting.

    RispondiElimina