lunedì 11 gennaio 2010

Kitchen garden and Hachiko

The weather has been very dreadful lately. Currently, it has been raining for almost 2 weeks and my garden is not able to soak up the water anymore. The soil is so soggy and all my salads have been destroyed. However, I still have my broccoli, endives and my peas are growing quite OK. I think I have to tie them up to the hazelnut twigs so they can grow much better.

Since the weather has been quite lousy, I have decided to watch 'Hachiko'. This is a movie about the loyalty of a dog to its owner. Hachiko, the dog was found by Prof. Parker at the train station on his way back from the university. They became close friends and Hachiko always waited for him at the same time everyday infront of the train station. One day, he had an heart attack at the university and passed away peacefully. However, Hachiko didn't stop waiting for him everyday at the same stop for 10 years! Richard Gere is the leading actor in this movie and it is not only about the actor but it is about the storyline which is so moving. My daughter couldn't stop her tears running down the cheeks and at the end both of us have to hold on tight to each other.....

This movie is actually the American version of a really true story happened in Tokyo, Japan in the late 1920s.

2 commenti:

  1. HS, well I haven't watched Hachiko. I am sure it is a good movie. You have an informative and interesting blog as well. Nice to know you and have a great day!

    RispondiElimina
  2. thanks, by the way your blog is full with information that is absolutely necessary for me when i am back in Malaysia. keep up the good work!

    RispondiElimina